Monday, September 9, 2013

Wishings.

Yesterday was the 34 week mark. I remember writing on this blog when I hit that point with Maelee, saying it seems like more of a reality when you hit 34 weeks. Obviously life has changed more than I could have ever imagined since then, but it is still a milestone in some way. We are four weeks or less with this girl in my belly. One month. I'm shooting for 37 weeks (like with Eli) but doctor won't induce until 38 weeks (assuming everything is still looking normal and great). Don't get me started on how tough that last week could be... and I am hoping she'll decide to come before then on her own!

My sister sent a bunch of baby items with my dad so now we have a swing, diaper genie, spare car seat, bouncer, another boppy, another play mat, a few more baby toys, and a random assortment of girl clothes from Ali and Ava. I would like my sister and husband to have another baby, of course, but that's most likely not happening so we get to reap the benefits.

Now I know that some of you people are going to buy our baby a gift whether or not we say we want one. You are sweet. Please don't feel obligated, the girl is going to have plenty of hand-me-downs from not only her cousins but her big sister. We have kept a lot of Maelee's things and plan to use many of them. Much of Maelee's tiny stuff is South Carolina summer wear so we may need some tights and sweaters to make them work for fall/winter in North Dakota! But I'm going to try. There will be SO many moments of redemption for me getting to put my child in some of those outfits I've stared at longingly for many years. As for her crib, we are going forward using Maelee's birdie things and we'll add a few things here and there to make it specific for this girl... we'll see how that goes.

I created an amazon list awhile back to help me organize what I wanted to get and that turned into a registry for baby sister (or maybe more like online retail therapy since I've been unable to actually go out shopping for her). So you can check that out here if you want. 

Thanks for loving this sweet girl and joining with us this last month of waiting, hoping, praying and trusting for her safe arrival. I can't wait to share her with you.

-Heather

3 comments:

Dori said...

We can't wait either! Thank you for sharing her journey with us. Maelee is a good big sister to share her things with her Little Sister :) Hello to Greg and Eli

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

You'll need to send me your new address. Lil Miss will be getting something cute from the Land of Oz. ;)

Unknown said...

We can't wait to meet her either! Praying for you guys, and your foot :)