Friday, September 27, 2013

Homestretch.

I'm sitting here listening to the fairly steady beat of my daughter's heart and if I could, I wouldn't leave this office for another 9 days. It's so wonderful being here knowing she's alive and good inside there. It's getting through this next week, until I show up at the hospital early Sunday morning on the 6th (or earlier if I'm actually in labor). 

I appreciate your prayers for my sanity and obviously, for our girl to make it. They tell me to be watchful of her movement and of course I am. But having to think about when the last time she moved can also be anxiety-causing. 

On top of this is the fact Eli was born at 36 weeks six days. Today I am 36 weeks five days. I so badly want this girl out knowing she'd be fine. We don't want her in the NICU, of course. But alive trumps time in the NICU. My doctor is watching things closely. We'll be back Tuesday and Friday for more tests and monitoring. But it's the in-between times where the battle is fought. It doesn't take much for me to remember we had an ultrasound three days before Maelee died that showed she was fine. Oh the unknowns, they get you if you aren't armed. 

All in all, we are in the homestretch of this marathon pregnancy (dare I say one with a good bit of drama)! And I'm feeling every bit of the six weeks of no walking coupled with the growing belly! Uffda. I have been meaning for Greg to take video of me "walking" to be able to record this in our family history. But vain me is not sure if that hilariousness should be shared! 

My mom has been here this week helping out while Greg's mom has been "on vacation" from taking care of us visiting her mom. :) She sure deserved some rest! My mom has been an awesome busy bee helping get a few odds and ends done. And for the second time, she tied the bumper pad on this crib in anticipation of a granddaughter. 


Because we are not in our own home and our girl doesn't have her own room, I decided we'll use Maelee's bedding. It hasn't been easy seeing it all ready again but at the same time, it's been a delightful hard. When we move, we'll probably find something more just for her but for now, getting to use big sister's things is a gift. 

-Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that baby sister gets the privilege of using that particular bedding. I think that is such a beautiful nod to Maelee - hard, yes - but so very beautiful. Just another memory that you will get to share with this little one someday as you tell her all about her big sister.

Sending happy thoughts your way - you are almost there!

Brianna

Jonathan and Rachel said...

SOoooo ready to see this little girl...just wish it could be in person! Prayers for you all. Love you!

Let Love Grow said...

Praying for peace beyond understanding and a safe arrival!