Monday, September 30, 2013

Hi October.

It's a little remarkable to me that this baby is going to be born in October. When we first found out when I was due, I kept thinking it'd probably be last week in September. I thought the 27th especially would have been fun because Eli was born on the 27th of April. I was assuming we'd be living in SC, going to my same doctor, and things would go down like with Eli. Well obviously that's not what is happening!

I am glad our girl will share her birth month with both of Greg's grandmas. That's special! I admittedly never loved this month growing up. In fact whenever I learned my months, I usually would skip October when saying them out loud without thinking. I still do that. Freudian slip? But I know I'll learn to love it. And I do recall a conversation with a friend a few years back about my dislike of the month (mostly weather related) and she said its 'cause I didn't grow up in the south! I agree. Especially now looking back, October was always perfectly lovely in SC. Just lovely. You never had to worry about putting your Halloween costume on over a snowsuit, that's for sure. I'm hoping for a nice, mild October 2013 to welcome our girl to ND. We shall see. 

One reason I'm glad I "didn't get my way" with a September birth month and have her on the 27th is because my brother-in-law's mom passed away that evening. Dear Nancy had been battling cancer the past four years. She would have been 63 today. Even though they knew her passing was soon, death is never easy. It's especially hard knowing our niece, Alexia, isn't going to get to know her grandma. Many little blessings have been seen during this for Andrew and Amy (and the other family) but it's still a hard grieving road for them. We'll attend the funeral in a town nearby on Thursday, assuming I don't go into labor/need to be induced earlier. And I'd really like to be there...so that has made me more patient with waiting for induction Sunday. Another small gift in these hard days. Oh cancer, you are nasty.

We love you, Browns. 

With all this going on, I still plan to blog often this week as we prepare for our second daughter's arrival. Plus I'll share any news from tomorrow's doctor appointments. Welcome, October. 

-Heather

No comments: