Thursday, September 19, 2013

2/3.

This is the last photo of pregnant me with my roller-aid!
Bye Bye Scooter
We returned that hunk-of-metal this morning! The doctor said in all his thirty years as a podiatrist, he's never seen a pregnant lady on a roller-aid. Always good for a laugh.

My foot is 2/3 of the way healed. Not quite where the doctor wanted but we'll take it! I can bear weight on my boot but I need to be very careful. If I want it to heal up and get rid of the boot, I need to take it easy and not mess up in these next weeks.

It didn't take long to realize that just because I got rid of the roller-aid, doesn't mean I'm not a unique sight! You've heard of pregnant people waddling? Well, pretty sure I take the cake! Since the boot makes my left foot a few inches higher, plus the big belly, we are talking some sort of Frankenstein Monster Mash waddle. Oh dear me.

I has been so nice already these few hours: getting to walk to/from the car, getting my own lemonade, helping with lunch, not having to wait to have someone bring my roller-aid downstairs, being able to get to Eli's CD player without having to perform some odd scoot-reach number, etc. It doesn't sound like much but it feels like freedom!

Of course I can feel the effects of my freedom already. My foot is sore and it's going to take awhile to get my left leg muscles back from Neverland. My right calf is actually bigger now, it's worked hard. However, my right hip is sore from all that weight. #lopsided. Plus, the doctor informed me today that boot-walking is really tough on lower back and hips. So is pregnancy. #goingtoneedachiropractor

-Heather

UPDATE: Couldn't get that video to work from yesterday on my phone, so it only works on a computer I think. Sorry if you were bummed not to see it. Here's a link to You Tube so you can watch Eli singing Twinkle Twinkle little star over and over: http://youtu.be/nVMjzXxTcQ8

No comments: