Sunday, April 24, 2011

Her Easter Dress.


My mom bought this dress for Maelee last year. It was going to be her first Easter dress. It has been hanging on the dresser for months. I like to wonder if she would have even fit into it today... wondering if her arms would have been too chubby to get through the arm holes, wondering what her little butt would have looked like in the bloomers that match, wondering if her chunky legs would have been too short to wear the dress, wondering if I would have found a nice southern hat to stick on her...

We miss our daughter this Easter Sunday... we miss all that Easter could have been with her. But we recognize that her dying on Easter last year doesn't change the meaning of Easter.

Granted, I will be glad when today is over as my heart is heavy. We are beyond grateful for her brother, who is moving around in my belly as I type this and sure helping his momma get through another milestone day.

He has risen.

He has risen, indeed.

-Heather

Check back tomorrow for some clues to our boy's name...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all! Can't wait for the little brother to be here soon! You are in our prayers!
Love ya and miss ya,
Sara

Kimberly said...

A beautiful dress. Just wanted to tell you that I was thinking of you throughout the day yesterday. And you were on my heart this morning. Praying for you during this "final countdown!"
Kimberly Anderson