Friday, April 29, 2011

We Are Home.

We came home today. With a beautiful, alive baby. Take a minute to fully appreciate that statement with me.

Greg and I both lost it when we finally got to pack up a full car seat and drive a baby home. And again walking into that room with a baby. I just can't describe it.

I know many of you breathed a collective sigh of relief when you heard Eli was here alive and healthy. It was kind of like holding your breath with us for almost 9 months. Thank you. It's been quite a journey and we are so very happy to start this next chapter.

Eli has a little jaundice action so we have to head back to the lab tomorrow morning for a test to see if that's getting better or worse. But that's very manageable regardless. Right now he's having a little regular sun-in-the-window treatment with Grammy in his new room and hopefully that will help.

We've been home for a few hours and I just started looking at some of the comments on here and facebook. I'm blown away by all the love and support we've been shown. I haven't been able to respond to folks individually but know we are grateful! Eli can't wait to meet you all!

We took a few more great photos today and after my nap, I'll share a few. For now, you can check out the hospital photographer's photos online at http://www.bellababyphotography.com/ with the password 0427elijoseph. Get ready for some cuteness!

-Heather

6 comments:

Diane Kemp said...

Love, love, love the fact that you are home with Eli. I know you must be so happy that words cannot even describe it. We are so happy for you guys! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Glad your home! Samantha said,"ooohhh, he's cute!"I must agree! Your page has your family picture with Maelee and your family picture with Eli beside each other and if it's possible to have tears of grief and pure joy at the same time, consider me with them. Praising God with you!
Jen

AshleyM said...

just showed my coworkers at the hospital in fargo eli's hospital photo shoot! they think he's completely adorable and LOVE the red hair!! yay!

Virginia said...

You weren't kidding- what a CUTIE!!! And such a sweet combination of you two...with some long guitar playing fingers! :) We are REJOICING with you both and pray that Eli brings joy to the Kasowski home by the bucket-full!!! And poo to the Kasowski family by the bucket-full because that means he's figured out that whole breastfeeding business :) You guys'll get the hang of it soon enough. Let the photo shoot madness begin! I bet you guys are already up to near 1000 by now, right? :)

the misses of the blisses said...

Cute Cute Cute! What a blessing! Thanks for sharing the photos and everything on the blog! The miracle of his life and your journey has inspired me in my mom-ness. Life is such a gift and your family is such a reminder to me of how precious it really is. Enjoy every moment!! :)

Tengesdal 4 said...

Out of curiousity- at what point will I stop crying every time I read about your son? When you post that he dumped a bag of flour all over the floor? when he runs down the aisle & onto the platform at church before you can catch him? I'm just saying- it wasn't today :)