Thursday, April 28, 2011

To Tie You Over...

We apologize for not inundating you with photos of our little, adorable man. I had great intentions, honestly, but man, we are exhausted! It wouldn't be so bad with just Eli's sweet interruptions... but there are a lot of hospital folk doing their jobs that come a knocking quite frequently. And some lovely random beeping of the security system they have been fixing all day. So yep, I'm gratefully tired!

We'll work on getting more photos taken and then posted. Since our time is limited on blogger, I don't know how many will get to you while still in the hospital. I'll try. Seriously though ... I do want to brag a bit 'cause he is really cute. And you all who have loved and prayed for him would most definitely agree.

Just know, he's doing great. He's passed all his tests and checks. There are no problems. That's a pretty huge deal!

We are having a little issues with breastfeeding ... it's going to take awhile for us to get that rolling. But other than that, we are doing so well and are humbled and encouraged and shocked that we get to be a family.

Not sure when we are heading home ... most likely tomorrow?! We'll keep you updated on that and on our visitor status. Due to aforementioned breastfeeding issues, it's really hard to know when is a good time for folks to come see us! We may be ahem ... a little busy.

What else would you like to know? My platelets did a weird big drop so it turned out to be a great thing (in my opinion) that we were here on Tuesday being monitored. Labor went well ... it's going to take a long while for my recovery but who cares! Eli's here!

Off to nurse!

9 comments:

Kim said...

That is so wonderful! He truly is absolutely adorable! I love the picture you posted here.

Jill K said...

YES HE IS!

And though we knew he would be a cute kid, it's still better/more than I could have imagined to see just How super cute he is!

And oh for the breastfeeding troubles... isn't it always a rough start for everyone? Seems like it. will be praying... and hoping those nursing contractions won't even take your thoughts of your little guy or the great guy you've got helping and loving you or the Great God you've got caring for you all so lavishly....

Love you pretty Momma!!!
jill

Souza Family of 4 said...

I was also going to say.... I had trouble at first with my first, but once the milk came in fully (3 days) it got much easier. Just keep on keeping on, it becomes much much better after the first month!

TheSpeights said...

I am so grateful you guys let me come by and love on Eli. He is perfect in every way and you look GREAT! I really do love my Kasowski family. God has blessed you all with the most handsome little man. I could have held him for HOURS. As I said before, it would be an honor to help out in any way possible so DO NOT hesitate to ask for anything... even a good bag of Milano cookies.

I love you four very much! Eli is CRAZY cute! I can't wait to see him again. I'm always here.

-Court

Nikole said...

Thank you for taking the time to post, and yes, he is super-cute! Take advantage of the lactation consultants there, and all of us who have done it too (who would love to help you out)!

Let Love Grow said...

OH MY GOODNESS HE is ABSOLUTELY adorable! I could eat him up!! ohhhh i am so happy for you; makes my heart sing, melt, rejoice, faint, explode and weep... with Joy and Thankfulness and Speechless Wonder!!!! THANK YOU LORD for Your Beautiful Gifts!! What a Delight!

Thank you for sharing... for letting me... be a small part of Your Joy!

Marissa Burt said...

Eli is just beautiful! I was so thrilled to hop over to your blog and see that your wee man has arrived and that everything went well. We'll be thinking of you in these early weeks!

Diane Kemp said...

What a cutie! So glad that he is here and doing well. Really happy that you were in the hospital when your platelets dropped. Breastfeeding will come...it will be better once your milk comes in. I'll be praying. I am just overjoyed and praising the Lord for the blessing of Eli to you and Greg. What a sweet picture!

Kim Schell said...

Hang in there with the breastfeeding! Even though it's the most natural thing your body can do, there's a learning curve for you and baby. And to be honest, it's a little painful at first! But it's soooooo worth it once you get the hang of it! I agree with the previous comment, take advantage of the help you have there in the hospital. Eli is absolutely perfect and oh so adorable!