Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Year.

Dear Maelee,

One full year. That's how long it's been since we've held you in our arms. It's been a long, hard, bittersweet year. We can't begin to describe all our dreams that will never be without you here.

We are so thankful for your existence, for the time we had with you. Even though we've had to know sorrow and pain and tragedy, we are still glad to have had you. You will always be our precious daughter! Our dearest firstborn. A piece of who we are.

You will never be forgotten by your parents, by your extended family, by dear friends.

Happy First (heavenly) Birthday, baby girl.

Love,

your mommy and daddy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My words seem so little right now. Not even sure what to say. But wanted to let you know we are praying today, yesterday, and tomorrow. We miss Maelee too, I'm excited to meet her with our Savior someday. I hope she will give me a tour.

-Chris I
(cupcake pictures to come)

Anonymous said...

I have been listening to (over and over) a song that is so appropriate for Easter...the day of Maelee's home going. It brings me such comfort to know we will see her again. "Christ is risen from the dead, trampling over death by death,come awake come awake, come and rise up from the grave...(Vs.2) O death where is your sting? O hell where is your victory? O Church come stand in the light, the glory of God has defeated the night..." Such a promise! I love you all so much! Mom (aka Grandma K)