Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just Us.

Starting last August, Greg and I began bracing ourselves for baby's April arrival knowing our lives were going to change completely. We knew we couldn't just do whatever we wanted when we wanted. Our schedule was going to change. Our plans were going to change. Our everyday lives were going to change.

I guess some of that happened... but not how we were expecting it to. We went on many dates during the past months, knowing we wouldn't have unrestricted time for that. We tried enjoying the moments with just us, living it up, knowing it was going to change. All these expectations of what our family was going to be, getting ready to be a family of three, imagining what our lives would look like...

And now...

It's just us. Just Greg and Heather. Again. We weren't planning on it being just us ever again. So all that we've thought since last August is gone. We have to readjust our thinking all over again... back to just us.

Don't get me wrong, we love each other and we love being best friends. If I had to pick anyone to be with, it's Greg. But our lives do not feel complete with just us. Maelee is not here with us and we do not feel whole.

It's been a hard past few days trying to get back to just us. Please keep praying.

-Heather

10 comments:

TheSpeights said...

I'm sorry that you guys are having to adjust to "just us." I know how excited you get to be having your first child and you guys had that ripped away. I don't understand it, but maybe one day you guys will. I pray for you guys all the time. I'm also praying that one day it won't be "just you two" and you WILL have your family of three (or four or five....).

Rebekah said...

Still praying... Love you guys.
Rebekah

Nikole said...

We are still praying.

Let Love Grow said...

It was such a joy to see you both Saturday - praying for you!

Jill K said...

yep, we are.

still praying, aching, trusting, hoping, clinging to, and begging for grace from our Good and Wise and Loving Father.

He knows you, loves you and is walking with this- even this- with you precious ones.

Oh how we love you...

and how much more HE loves you.

Diane Kemp said...

I find it hard to leave a comment as all the comments before me speak what I would like to say...so I will just I haven't stopped praying for you. I think of you often and when you come to mind I pray. I don't understand but God does and He loves you. I look forward to what God has in His plan for you and what He is going to do in and through you!

I, too, am thankful that you are sharing your life with us through this blog...it really helps me to pray more specifically and gives me hope to see how you are processing and how you are doing.
Diane

Anonymous said...

still praying, u guys are always on my mind!

Anonymous said...

Life is such a roller coaster, isn't it? Just when we think we have a clue and perhaps a little insight, something happens and we realize just how little control we actually have. Thankfully, we have a Father, who knows how frightened, how scared, and how confused we are, but He is absolutely trustworthy and he promises to carry us through. I know you know this.

I know it must have been so hard for you this weekend, but you'll never know what a blessing it was to see you both. Your presence showed love and encouragement. Sweet Maelee Linn would have been so proud of her parents.

We continue to pray for you and we thank you for being the people you are.

In Christ,
Clarence and Dawn Parker

Tengesdal 4 said...

Still here.... still praying for you guys...

Anonymous said...

Still praying...love ya'll! Missed you Sunday, but hope it was great at Riverbend! Hope to see you soon, maybe for our rain-check smoothie date! :)

Becky