Sunday, May 9, 2010

Simple decisions

Making simple decisions comes very difficult for us. Here’s a typical example of when we were away this weekend.

Me: “You hungry?”

H: “Sure. You?”

Me: “Yeah. What’re you feeling like?”

H: “Umm … I don’t know. You?”

Me: “Uh … I don’t know either. You?”

H: “I don’t know. I just want you to make a decision. I have a hard time deciding.”

Me: “OK, yeah, I’ll make a choice. What’d you feel like?”

And the cycle continues, until we finally get so hungry that we just choose the place nearest to our mouths.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both have been in my thoughts and prayers today....along with many at our church. That seems such an inadequate thing to say but want you to know you are loved and many are lifting you to the throne of Grace. Aunt Ruth

TheSpeights said...

Some things just don't seem so important right now. Take care of yourself and make sure not matter what you decide, you DO eat.

I hope one day you can look back at this post and think it's a tiny bit funny... I say that because this sounds like the way it is at our house every other night. Hang in there. I hear the day don't get easier, but become more bearable.

Anonymous said...

Beth and I prayed lots for you yesterday. love you, maxine
Still praying for a good day.

TheSpeights said...

The saying is "It doesn't get easier, just more bearable." Sorry for the grammar.

angela said...

still have you, greg and maelee in my thoughts every day. I'm leaving for guatemala on monday, but will be back on the 27th... I'd love to be there for you to celebrate maelee's little life in buffalo... I understand if you're hoping to keep it close family and friends.. but, know I'm thinking of you all the time!