Saturday, May 8, 2010

Overdue.

I had an overdue library book. It was due at the library on Thursday and I realized it on Friday. This is a big deal because I NEVER have overdue anything. Either does Greg. Maybe it's because we're cheap or just rule-followers, I'm not sure.

Regardless, it was another reminder that we are not as we once were. Both of us are typically very detailed and on the ball. Lately neither of us can remember anything or make decisions. Add that on top of the fact that neither of us are particularly motivated to get anything done... well, it's a bad combo.

That to say, I have a long list of wonderful emails to return to you, friends. Please know that I'm not purposefully ignoring you! I will respond soon! I don't want anyone to think we are ungrateful for the love, support and prayers for us. Each comment, note, call, gift, message is precious to us and deserves a response. And now that I'm all alone with no family around to keep me company while Greg is at work, I will spend more time responding to you all.

We are off to a B&B near Asheville that Greg found this morning (two people that aren't motivated and can't make decisions trying to make travel plans = not easy). We plan to just be together, enjoy being out of Columbia, talk about our daughter and our love for her.

-Heather

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you all enjoy your time. I am happy that you both are able to talk about Maelee. I can't wait to see you all.Praying for you both.
Tisha

TheSpeights said...

I think it's a great idea to just get out for a little while. I hope you guys are able to enjoy it. Speak loud when you talk about Maelee. I know she is listening. You three stay on my mind all the time and am praying hard for you, too. Be safe traveling.

-Court

Lauren said...

Praying especially hard for you tomorrow. May the trip be all that you need it to be.
Lauren and Josh

Jill K said...

We love you. Love you, love you, love you.

Trusting that the time in Asheville will refresh your weary souls as you have beauty before you there. May you take it in as medicine for your sad hearts.

Praying God's presence to richly abide with you and comfort you.

jill

Anonymous said...

We just returned from church. So glad you guys decided to be alone and to not have subjected yourselves to all of the Mother's Day stuff. I hope you do the same for Father's Day.
Our message was good though. It was on faith of the Canaanite woman (Matthew 15:21-28). One part of the message that struck me was how she came to Jesus realizing there was no where else to go for her daughter. It made me see that only He can "fix" things. And it encouraged me to be more diligent in prayer for you and for your siblings. Also I am so encouraged by the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. Again the Lord has laid on my heart the weakness of my faith and His great mercy on all of us. I will save it for you guys.

Missing and loving you.

Mom K.