Friday, May 21, 2010

Maelee's Empty Room.

Maelee would have loved her room.

She would know her mommy loves brown because there is pink and brown everywhere. She would know about birds because her sheets and blankets have little birdies on them. She would know toys (like the super fun puppets from the China crew) go in the big brown basket. She would know the train from cousin Ali goes on the floor in front of the basket. She would know her curtains were made by Grammy and her walls were painted oh-so-cute by Grandpa Lloyd. She would know she is loved because of all the adorable outfits she was given. She would know that her daddy had to be the one to put all the diapers up in the way high closet... and that mommy was the one that couldn't pass up a good deal on diapers. She would have known we were so ready for her.






-Heather

7 comments:

TheSpeights said...

WOW! Maelee's room is AWESOME! She would have loved every square inch. You guys thought of everything straight down to the cd player. This is beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person. Thank you so much for sharing this. I can imagine it's hard letting all of us into your world and your pain. I still think about you guys and your suffering so much. Just the thought of what you went through brings me to my knees. I'm sending you a big hug through this message and plan on coming your way when some of the chaos calms down to give you a real hug. Greg said he'd let me know when that would be. I've been thinking a lot about you today knowing what you guys will be doing a week from now. I wish I could be there.

Love you three!
-court

Nikole said...

Maelee would have also known that her parents weren't as prepared as they thought by the fact that they don't have enough diapers. Or wipes.

Love ya!

Ashley said...

What a beautiful room. You can just feel the love in
her room. I am so sorry that she can't enjoy it but I know that she is enjoying an
even more beautiful scene.  Still 
doesn't take away the sting though.  I am praying for you.

Jill K said...

Absolutely beautiful, just like Maelee, just like her mama, just like the love you all have for her and like your daughter and your Savior have for you.

And, as always, we love you so much too.

Praying.... especially that the Lord would be doing whatever work of preparation needs to be done that next weekend- Maelee's Day- would somehow ring out with some only-grace-could-be-credited, great joy as you celebrate your daughter's life in heaven.

what a beautiful room.....

jill

Anonymous said...

She would have loved her perfect room! It's absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing you on Maelee's Day!!! Love you!
Deanna

AshleyM said...

I love it! You guys are so creative and thoughtful! Showed my parents as they were in Fargo this weekend and they have never seen anything quite like it - they were impressed (even my dad:)...
ashley

Anonymous said...

Dear Grether,
my wife and I have been following your blog and our hearts break for you. We are so sorry for your loss.

- Keith (and Hannah) Karner