Friday, June 17, 2016

Biggest Sister.

I wish that Maelee were here to experience being the biggest sibling to this littlest one. At six years old, you know she would just be all about this tiny human.

Grateful he wore home her outfit and in the photo on the hospital web site, you can see her name. She is still so much a part of our family. 

The other thought about Maelee I treasured while at the hospital - when birthing a baby, all your previous pregnancies matter. Regardless if you got to bring them home. There aren't enough times when Maelee is counted in my kids. The reality is Evan is my third child at home and the average person won't see her in our family tree. But when you are at a hospital about to birth a kid, all those other kids matter, how they came into the world, or didn't, matter. The medical side of things makes the fact I had went through birth three other times, not two like many would see, matters. It's a nice feeling to have her counted in the same facet as the others.

-Heather

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad she "felt" more counted at the hospital. I think I know what you mean :) Even if our kids in heaven didn't get to come home, they got to be born!!!! Love you guys!