Sunday, March 7, 2010

34 Weeks and a Sweet Shower

I made it to 34 weeks. 34 weeks is when my sister had Ali which makes this whole pregnancy thing more of a reality (as in, we are going to have a child when this is all said and done). My sweet friends from our home group threw baby and I a shower today. It's hard not having family around to have showers and do things like this, so I feel exceptionally blessed to have such loving friends. There were a ton of amazing ladies that came today and gave baby such wonderful things! She is going to be set! Many thanks to everyone who had a part! Amanda and Rachel did a super job planning and, along with Sarah and Ginny, made an amazing meal and did a lot of work! (The food was totally my kind of meal, too). Thanks friends for all the work and organizing and thoughtfulness! Here's a shot of Amanda's beautiful and delicious cake:

1 comment:

Parker Family said...

Okay, so I have to comment on all of your posts...
1. Sorry we missed your shower. It was probably good we didn't travel down there b/c everyone but me got sick.yuck.
2. I love your outfit for the shower.
3. Amanda, that cake is beautiful.
4. Your gift will be in the mail soon.
5. I am proud of you blogging pretty regularly.
6. I could eat me some chippers, YUM! I am glad that you got some!
7. Agree on the movie...lame.
8. What do you think about the birthing process now that you have spent all those hours hearing about it?
9. You look really good!
10. (just to make it an even number) Tell Greg "hi" from us Parker's.