Saturday, March 13, 2010

Preggo Brain and Car Update

I was at the grocery store on Thursday and purchased a few items. I was very focused on putting my cart back and getting my keys ready to go out into the rain. There was a dude standing near me and I could sense him there... but didn't really look up at him until I was ready to walk out. When I did, he gave me my two bags of groceries that I left at the check-out counter...(How polite of him to just wait until I looked at him instead of saying "Hey lady" or something like that?). I thanked him, humbly took my groceries, smiled and said "pregnancy brain." That is the first public instance of preggo brain. I really hope I don't burn the house down this last month.

We bought my grandpa's car (which we are calling "Gramps") and needed to get it down here from Dickinson, ND. My sweet aunt drove it to my sister's in MN last week. Greg flew to MN on Friday, spent maybe 15 hours there (with much fun had 'til the wee hours of the morning) before starting the drive back down to SC today. He is currently at a hotel I booked online for $39.55 somewhere north of Lexington, KY. Praise God that I have not gone into labor, that Greg has made it safely thus far with only 8 hours to go tomorrow, that we now have not one but two reliable vehicles... we are blessed indeed.

No comments: