Monday, March 1, 2010

Place to Visit.

Greg and I are attempting to have good times of relaxation and dating (going out when we feel like it, etc). We are realistic enough to know that when baby comes, our lives will change completely and it will no longer be easy to go out or watch movies uninterrupted. We want to feel that we've "lived it up" the past five years of our marriage.

With everything going on with the church plant (more on that later, just know Greg is super busy), we came home Saturday after birthing class and decided it was best to veg. So to Red Box Greg goes to get a few movies which we had quickly decided on after looking at their web site for availability and ratings. Looking back, we should have spent more time on our pickings as we were 0 for 2 for the night. Perhaps it was my fault in feeling the need for a romantic comedy since we haven't seen one in a long time.

One of the movies was Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It was horrible. Do not watch it. We both want the one hour, thirty-four minutes and forty-six seconds of our lives back. However, the redeeming quality of the movie is when Matthew whatever-his-name-is drove up to his uncle's big house I got to say "I've been there!". But then I couldn't remember the statues, columns or driveway so I was second guessing myself. But the rest of the movie I kept analyzing that house and land because it looked oddly familiar.

After the movie I looked it up online and indeed it was the same castle I went to in 2008 when in Boston for a conference when I worked for CIU Admissions. They added statues, columns and a driveway just for the movie. I remember it so well because it has to be one of the best places I've been to in the US as far as sweet architecture, beautiful scenery, and a high society feel (or maybe feeling like you stepped onto the scene of a Jane Austen novel). And the lawn, it really is an unbelievable lawn. Also, the party we were at served the best coconut shrimp appetizer I've ever had.

If you ever find yourself near Boston, please visit this place, The Crane Estate, preferably when you are invited to some posh event where they serve food. But don't watch that movie, it's pathetic.

No comments: