Friday, October 4, 2013

Epi Awesome.

I went through two hours of increasingly rough and very frequent contractions. Those inductions drugs are powerful guys! And now I'm resting comfortably with my epidural. Those are even more powerful! Wow! So grateful to not have to feel such intense pain as we meet our girl. However I'm glad to have experienced some real rough contractions since I didn't really in either of my previous deliveries. Makes this more unique. I am certain Greg is thankful for epidurals (I believe his quote was "epidurals are God's gift to women") because his poor hands had to hold mine through them and I squeezed hard!

Our first nurse was awesome. Very stellar. Plus we'll see her tomorrow. Just had shift change so hopefully our second will be a good delivery nurse. 

I'm dialated at 4/5 so we still have a good bit to go. We plan to post on here soon after she arrives. Will it be in the next four hours?! Or will she be born October 5th?

-Heather


3 comments:

Jill K said...

so glad to hear.... both the unique and blessed pain and the epidural! And.... timing will be perfect, whatever her bday! We know who's perfectly in charge of that! Love you!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Love love love! Out baby girl out! :D

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better!