Thursday, October 10, 2013

Smile.

Just a little update to say we are doing well. I'm tired, very sore but content and happy! Annalee is doing well too, getting what she needs via bottle. She still can't do a bottle very well but she's learning. I'll try breastfeeding again this weekend and see how that goes, perhaps she can get it if she's more mature and less famished. Hopefully she'll do better at night as well... last night she didn't fall into a deep sleep until way late into the night (or maybe really early morning) because she just wanted to be held upright. I finally put her in the bouncer seat and she fell asleep fast and hard. That piece of equipment may end up being my favorite!

I hope to spend time writing her birth story and sharing some photos from my camera. Having two kiddos to care for is definitely, definitely more challenging. Especially when it takes me twenty minutes or so to feed her, then another twenty minutes or so to pump where I have no free hands (oh let's hope that gets quicker or she learns to breastfeed!) and we do this every three to four hours (sometimes she feeds more but I don't pump more). Eli has done well, mostly thanks to a doting Grandma that can often fill in when I'm unable.

So many great stories, so many moments of God's grace in all this that I hope to share... later! Now to bed I go.

But first, the first smiling photo of Annalee! Perfect since today she was wearing a shirt (from her big sis) that said: SMILE!

-Heather

2 comments:

lissare14 said...

We found the best invention with Evan called the rock and sleep. It was the only way, besides being held, that he would sleep. They are about $50 at Target and worth every penny!! Good luck! I I remember those early days with two littles fondly, thank goodness for Grandmas!

Katie said...

such a beautiful smile! i second the rock & play suggestion above for sleeping upright. it's a fabulous, fabulous invention. nora had reflux issues for the first 8 weeks or so, and upright is the only way reflux babies want to be! (if she continues to not want to lay flat, reflux might be the culprit). i eliminated dairy and acidic foods, and it made a world of difference. also, i have seen and considered purchasing this wonderful pumping bra contraption. babies r us for sure has them, but i think i've also seen them at target. they're like a sports bra with holes in the front so you can pump hands FREE! so that might help you, especially when you transition into caring for both kiddos totally solo.