Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Waiting For The OK.

Yesterday I was thinking why can't we go home if we are just going to do the pumping/bottle thing? So I talked with the nurse and she was open to that after we saw how Annalee did with her next feeding via bottle. Well she didn't do very well so we have stayed. She does not take a breath when taking a bottle. Every five sucks, I have to pull the bottle out to force her to breathe. She coughs a lot. Hopefully she'll figure this out so that the feedings run smoother.

She's being evaluated by the doctor right now and I expect we will get the okay to head home later today. We also have to wait for her bilirubin labs to come back. I'll keep you updated...hopefully from home later!

Wouldn't that be grand! I miss my boys! And dear grandma and grandpa are downright amazing taking care of Eli again and again. They are remarkable in their love and service and a gift to us. They are going to need a nice break soon!

I wish all our friends could come visit! I realized last night that's one major missing piece of being here and not in SC during this latest ordeal. Friends! We miss you all. If only I was at Lexington Medical Center, some of you could stop by and entertain me and make me laugh! And you could see the girl you have prayed and loved all these months!

For now, some photos of her from last night. Such a treat to see her full and satisfied, she was alert and staring all around after she ate and I gloriously got to hold her like this two different times, probably over two hours total of awake cuddle time. A gift! 

Bonding!

Look at how full (not dehydrated) she has gotten!

After a bath with her hair still wet (which could turn curly or at least wavy from what I could see when wet):

Oh and Big bro and daddy came for supper last night. I loved loved being around this boy for a bit!


-Heather


1 comment:

Unknown said...

We SO wish we could be there too! I would be in that room all of the time!