Wednesday, April 21, 2010

May 29th Service.

We will have a memorial service for Maelee at the Buffalo, North Dakota cemetery on Saturday, May 29th at 11:00am. Afterward we will have a reception at the Buffalo Community Center. I will not allow open-faced cheese-wiz sandwiches and questionable jello salads. We will serve something nicer that Maelee would have liked. We hope to honor her in everything that day.

Anyone may attend. Don't feel obligated to come, but know that you are invited. If possible, let us or one of our family members know if you are coming a week or so in advance so they can plan accordingly.

Maelee's funeral here in South Carolina was very small. As much as I wish we could have had more of you in attendance, I know I couldn't have handled any more people that day. It was just too tough. Greg did write about the service for those that couldn't be there (see April 9th's posting titled "In loving memory of Maelee Linn Kasowski").

So we hope those of you near Buffalo can join us on the 29th (which is near Fargo for those that don't know the location of that great town). We wish we would be able to gather together for anything but this occasion. I never thought any memorial weekend would include burying my daughter.

Greg and I had a rough time yesterday as we had to pick out Maelee's gravestone/monument for the cemetery. Typing out the wording for her gravestone, those words glaring back at you on the screen, it's just too much. Even though I hate it, I really want to see the completed gravestone. I am hoping so much they will have it ready for her service on the 29th and so Greg and I can visit it everyday while we are in Buffalo.

-Heather

7 comments:

Jill K said...

Heather, I love that you want to "honor her in everything that day." I think that must please the Lord.. and surely your hearts to honor her will honor the Him so well.

(Good job on the cheez wiz and jello prohibition.)

As I pray for you for wisdom and grace to plan this service, I am asking for the Lord's grace to make this service something that you will be able to stand in... and look back on and KNOW that God is there... with you, for you.... and be assured again and even experience right there that He is good.

Loving you so much from too far away,
jill

Linnea said...

I will be there. Armed with whatever high quality goods could possibly be a blessing to you and an honor to her. Just say the word.

Anonymous said...

I will be there. I heard a song yesterday that made me think of you. check out the song "I will carry you" by Selah when you feel up to it. Praying for you daily. Love you Heather and Greg!
Mollie Moen

TheSpeights said...

I know that day will be hard. I wish I could be there to honor Maelee, too. Just know that I will be there in spirit and will be thinking of you guys so much on that day. I can't imagine what pain and suffering you guys are going through especially now having to deal with funeral arrangements for Maelee. I want to hug you! I'm praying so hard for you guys.

Kim said...

Difficult days...you are in the difficult days and I am praying for you. Nothing prepares you for having to make a gravestone for your child...nothing. That was also a frustrating experience for Todd and I as the person we were working with kept trying to talk us out of what we wanted. When it was all done though and in place, in a small way it helped. I think when I could see the special stone we picked out just for him and it was the way we wanted it, I felt like we had honored him and brought the Lord glory with what was on it.

I will tell you though, we absolutely loved Micah's name. I was so excited to have a little boy named that. I was thinking about this the other day when you posted about Maelee's name. I struggled so much with not getting to call him by that name and hear him say it and just plain have a living child with that name. I say all this because seeing it on the gravestone was very hard and made it very final, I will be praying for you as you come to that time. However, God has in such a sweet way made Micah's name known in so many ways since his death that I would never have imagined. So though I thought I was letting go of it, I have gotten to embrace it in a new ways that I never thought of...and I am thankful to such a gracious Lord. Praying He will do the same for you.

Michelle Fry said...

Oh how I wish you didn't have to go through this pain! I am praying for and crying with you guys. Dan will be out of the country for work, but I will be at Maelee's memorial service.

Anonymous said...

Doug and I will be there with all our love for you.