Thursday, April 22, 2010

Maelee's Name Book.


My friend sent us this photo today with the following words:

"The post Greg did on April 19th of Maelee's name touched my heart. I don't know if this is something that you would like to do, but I thought I would share it and it may help. A family who lost their daughter three days after being born created a Name Gallery on their blog. They offered for friends and family to take pictures of their daughter's name (examples: written in the sand, spelled with blocks, written with ribbons). They posted the pictures on their blog and they are creating a book of her name."

I want to do this. I love this photo of Maelee's name in azalea blossoms. I love her name; seeing her name on anything somehow makes me feel connected to her. Today I cried seeing her name on the Bank of America statement that came in the mail. Another friend gave me a necklace with Maelee's name and birth date engraved on it... I'm wearing it right now and it is already becoming one of my favorite treasures.

So, family and friends, I hope you can get creative in helping us with Maelee's name book. You have been helping us by staying connected with us through our blog, praying for us, loving us... and now you can help us fill a book with images of her name (you can e-mail us and we'll put a book together eventually).

If you are worried that seeing her name will hurt us in some way, don't be. Both Greg and I love to see her name. It helps. And so you know, I almost always want to talk about Maelee. So if you stop by, don't be afraid to mention her.

Today has been rough, so hard, so raw with emotion. Yet when I see my daughter's name in flower blooms, I cry with at least some joy mixed in the sorrow.

-Heather

8 comments:

TheSpeights said...

This image is absolutely beautiful! I think this is a great idea. I'm already thinking of fun ways to create her name. I'm also really glad you like the necklace! It was so cool (and a bit emotional) to see her name engraved.

I've got you three on my mind all the time and am always praying for you. I can't wait to see more pictures of her name and her you talk about her more. She would have been (and still is) without a doubt the luckiest little girl in the world to be a Kasowski. You guys are amazing.

Jill K said...

HOW GOOD...

We will be so very glad to get to take part in this sweet memorial.

Love you,
jill

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you freed me up on saying Maelee's name. It is so beautiful, but I confess my hesitance. I did think it would hurt. I love this idea and will try to think of something special. You are to me. Love you, Maxine

Linnea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linnea said...

Singing this over you today:

"When through the deep waters I call thee to go
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be near thee, they troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress."

Dori said...

I love flowers and I love Maelee so I loved seeing her name in flowers. I am not as creative as most people but would love to try something for you and her. Thank you for your grace towards me last evening. Love you - Dori

Linnea said...

This is a website that I subscribed to in Google Reader: http://wemakewords.blogspot.com/ I thought that it might give people some ideas for how they could contribute to the book!