Sunday, April 11, 2010

One Week Ago

One week ago our lives were completely different. On Saturday night we enjoyed a great meal from Chris and Nikole. Then Heather and I hung out and talked about baby names. We narrowed down our list to names that were more than 60 percent possible.

Easter Sunday was not that great, but I would trade that day for any day this last week or foreseeable future. It was bittersweet because I went to River’s Edge but Heather had to stay on bed rest.

It was beautiful outside. Cool in the morning, but warm by noon. No wind. Lots of pollen. For Easter we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ with some great songs:
• My Savior, My God
• Lead Me to the Cross
• Revelation Song
• Before the Throne of God Above
• In Christ Alone
• Marvelous Light

Jason preached from First Corinthians 15:19 about how we as believers should be pitied more than anyone else if we only have hope in this life. We're a bunch of pathetic people if there is no resurrection from the dead. It's complete craziness to believe that a guy died 2,000 years ago and not believe that he came back to life.

Anyways, later that afternoon my friend Doug came over and we all four shared an Easter meal. He made a leg of lamb and some asparagus with mushrooms. I made Connie’s potatoes. We sat around and talked and laughed and had a good time. Life was innocent then. There was anticipation and excitement.

4 comments:

TheSpeights said...

I've been thinking about you all day today knowing that today was just a week from that day. Easter Sunday is the most glorious day to Christians and now it will be marked with the worst day as a parent.

As far as letting yourself think about "What could have been," I know that there will a million moments in life you let your imagination take you to that place. I'm a firm believer that when a child is taken from their earthly parents, Jesus makes sure they are still a part of their lives. So while you are visiting the beach, laughing in the car, or sitting in Maelee's room, I know she's with you. I just know it.

You two are amazing people. You guys are such an inspiration because through a horrible tragedy, you've leaned on your faith and encouraged others to do so, too.

I know God has a special plan for both of you. You guys remain in my prayers.

-courtney

Anonymous said...

Greg & Heather, We are in constant prayer for you. We love you guys so such. Thank you for being honest with you feelings and allowing us to read them. We all want to hold Maelee and we will, just not on our time. So glad your family is there with you. Greet Father Tony from us.
Doug and Connie

Nikole said...

I thought about you guys yesterday. Well, I'm always thinking about you guys lately, but specifically remembering the visit we had a week ago. Remember the what-ifs? I have a couple too. Praying for y'all through the anniversaries.

Seth Franke said...

I have so many happy memories spending time with you Kasowskis. In my heart I will always treasure that anticipation and excitement in which you were so gracious to let me share.