Saturday, April 3, 2010

Southern Hospitality.

I must mention something about sweet southern hospitality. Southerners know their stuff when it comes to helping out those in need in a very practical manner: food.

When we were coming home from the hospital with me on bed rest, I told Greg that he needed to take up his co-workers on their numerous offers of bringing meals. It was very hard for him to have to humble himself and say okay... but we are so glad he did! What a help it was to have so many dinners provided for us! And they were all so yummy (they even kept everything low sodium and heartburn-proof for me)! Greg didn't have to cook/do dishes on top of everything else he is doing. And we ate much healthier than if Greg was in charge of cooking the past weeks:)

Along with his co-workers, we've had many friends bless us with food and visits as well. I'm pretty sure this past week went by so well because I had visitors and amazing lunches with sweet friends. It definitely helped break up my couch time! Thanks friends - your kindness is so appreciated!!

I'm telling you these southerners are downright awesome! What a great culture where bringing a meal to someone is the norm! I embrace it fully!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! glad to hear things r going good or as good as it can while on bed rest. gonna let u know we will be traveling ur way may 3rd thru the 13th! not sure what all we have planned. for sure a baptism for Jisaac & sum r&r!!! I will have to look u guys up when we get there! take care & talk with u soon!

Anonymous said...

hey me again! didn't realize it would leave me as annonymous! it's ur neighbor amy from back in wiily!