Monday, April 19, 2010

Strange therapy

Yesterday was a tough day. But we were expecting that. We're expecting Mother's Day to be tough too. And Father's Day. And May 6. And June 6. And July 6. And August 6. And April 6, 2011. And Easter next year, whenever that is.

Our therapy yesterday consisted of sitting and hanging out in Maelee's room for awhile. It was an absolutely perfect day outside yesterday. We didn't go out much. It's just nice to sit and think about her and have her on our minds.

I also haven't gotten to write or type Maelee's name much. It's kind of therapeutic writing or typing it. You know how you can probably type your own name super-fast without even thinking? Well, I still stumble over typing her name, so I need some practice. So bear with me while I type her name out for awhile. And no, I did not copy and paste:) And no, I am not completely insane:)

Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee Linn, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee Linn, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee Linn, Maelee Linn, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee Linn Kasowski, Maelee, Maelee Linn, Maelee Linn, Maelee Linn, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee, Maelee

-Greg

9 comments:

Tengesdal 4 said...

Hi Guys, I read something and thought of you~ I hope that it brings encouragement to you and at least you know that you are still on our minds...

"To God, your experience matters. So it should matter to you as well. It will help you to move ahead on your journey toward healing if you focus on your experience and what it means rather than enter into comparisons. Comparisons distort reality. Even more, they get you focused on what is not helpful and distract you from what is helpful. Comparisons can minimize how severe your situation is, such as thinking , Lots of people in other countries have it much worse than I do, so I should stop feeling bad. That sort of guilt message isn't really helpful. Your situation is yours, and your pain is yours."
(Where is God by Dr. John Townsend)

Unknown said...

Such a pretty name.

Diane Kemp said...

Thinking and praying for you! Diane

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her name! And must say today is the first day I have read your blog without crying my eyes out! The sound and sight of her name alone brought a smile to my face...I know there will be lots more tears, but, in time, you will smile at her name. Bless you and Heather today. Oh, and Bless Grandma and Grandpa Tysse and Grandma and Grandpa Kasowski...you are all in my thoughts and prayers, too! Aunt Ruth

Jill K said...

Grief does come in waves, doesn't it? Not that it has ever given you time off between waves, but there are highs and lows aren't there? Today has been a low for me. Then reading your beautiful daughter's name 78 times and hearing how you have been processing things breaks me down for another round of weeping.

It is a comfort to me to know that our tears are precious to God. And like you've already said- they do speak so loudly to everyone- of how dearly Maelee Linn is loved.

May there be some sweetness for you reflect on the gift of your girl today. I do believe that she wants that for you... and that your Father does too.

We love you three so much-
Matt and Jill

Jill K said...

Ahh... forgive me guys. I know this isn't a time for sweetness.... I just yearn to comfort you guys so badly. Forgive me. We love you so much. We are grieving with you.

Love-
jill

TheSpeights said...

I love this blog entry. I had to type it out after I read it. You guys really did do a great job picking out her name. It's unique and absolutely beautiful! It sounds so good all together!

I hope that one day, day 6 of each month will become a celebration of Maelee and will be less sad. We keep you guys in our prayers and the three of you in our thoughts constantly.

-court

Let Love Grow said...

That's seriously great therapy. You are both still in my prayers. Love, Tammie

Rebekah said...

Reading Maelee's beautiful name many times made me think of the many names of our Lord.

Praying that Jehovah-raah will be your Shepherd, that Jehovah-shammah will help you feel that He is There, that Jehovah-rapha will Heal you, and that Jehovah-shalom will grant you His Peace.

Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 124:8
We love you! Wes and Rebekah