Thursday, April 1, 2010

April.

We made it to April! Those of you that have heard me talk about my very odd certain-months-are-better-than-others topic know that I really like April and wanted baby to have an April birthday. We made it! My appointment today went fine. My blood pressure was WAY up but is still normal when I'm at home. There's not a whole lot going on with my cervix. So the anti-climatic next steps are: more bed rest. One week at a time. If my BP goes up at home, then they will probably induce versus giving me blood pressure meds. I did ask if it was necessary for me to spend $50 to see Dr. Smith every week and the doc said not really. So I will cancel that app't. They will check my platelets at my OB app't and can call Dr. Smith in if needed. So that's good for the wallet. Baby, on the other hand, is doing great! Greg guessed her weight at the ultrasound today was going to be 6lbs 7ozs and I guessed 6lbs 5ozs... and she's right there at 6lbs 6ozs! Meaning she gained around 8ozs in two weeks and if she gains like that, she'll be right around 7lbs at her due date. All speculation, of course. And we learned two things about her: 1. She's a thumb sucker. Already. Her little hand was by her face (just like last week) and she just plopped that thumb/fingers right in there and was sucking away! 2. She's got hair! I was convinced she would be bald but that is not the case! The tech gave us a close up that was very obviously a lot of hair on her head. She said we better get the bows ready to bring to the hospital! And now I know why I've had killer heartburn... the little stinker. Her cheeks looked more full from last week and she was giving us seriously not happy faces...but it was still quite adorable. Greg doesn't fully get into it as much but says it will all make sense once he sees her. Agreed. Back to the couch... hoping she decides to come on her own before my due date (is that too much to ask?!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or is April sounding like a good name more and more each day? :)