Monday, April 12, 2010

Need anything?

Heather's sister and dad just left this morning for Minnesota and North Dakota. Yesterday, we enjoyed a great lunch from Jonathan and Rachel and a great dinner from Morgan and Amanda. Our fridge is overflowing right now because A) they brought over tons of food and B) we're all just not eating like we normally do.

We've been overwhelmed with everyone's generosity in asking us if we need anything right now. It has been comforting knowing there's so many people for us here right now. The #1 thing we need right now is Maelee. We need her here in our arms. We need her sleeping in her nursery. We need her crying. We need her dirty diapers. We need her more than anything right now.

But nobody can do that for us, so I've thought of something practical. For those who will be willing to walk with us through this process, this series of posts will be helpful information for you. You can read the short version here. Almost every single word of these resonated with me as I read this morning. It will be incredibly helpful if we are not the "walking awkward" for the next five to 15 years. Heather coined this "walking awkward" term after she lost her job at CIU and every time she went back to campus nobody knew what to say or do or ask. You're just a walking ball of awkward that nobody wants to address or confront.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you guys and think and pray for you every day!!

Diane Kemp said...

You both are on my mind! I read the posts today as I just got back from vacation and wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
I don't want to intrude as you need alone time but want to offer any assistance, meals, gardening help, or visiting over a cup of tea when Heather is up to it. I had a friend from my church in Michigan go through this and sometimes just having someone be with you is helpful! I know this journey will not be easy but just lean on God & each other during this time! Thanks for being so open and sharing your heart with us through this blog! Praying for you and your family during this time!
Diane Kemp

angela said...

I read that post... and it was fabulous.... it makes me feel much more prepared when handling difficult times and folks who are grieving overwhelming loss. I hope you know that the three of you are in my thoughts all the time and that I'm eager to hear about Maelee when you're ready to talk about her. I've been dying to know if she had red hair :)
thanks for the suggested reading!
angela (tucker) mathers

Jill K said...

we want to be walking with you- as much as we possibly can. However you're walking is fine with us.

we love you so-
Matt and Jill